1. Make crystal geodes out of alum powder, eggshells, and glue.
I would put this on my coffee table. Get the full directions here.
2. Teach kids about the plant xylem with this dyed flower experiment.
Bonus: you’ll have pretty, strange-colored flowers.
3. You’ll be just as fascinated by the bouncy, transparent eggsperiment.
Get the directions here.
4. Teach the kids to make lava lamps.
You’ll get a nostalgic trip down memory lane without having to step foot in Spencer’s Gifts. Directions here.
5. You can blow up balloons with Pop Rocks because they contain a small amount of pressurized carbon dioxide gas.
6. This melting ice experiment is gorgeous and colorful.
Get the instructions here.