The Family and Youth Institute (The FYI) is a 501(c)3 not for profit research and education institute dedicated to strengthening young people and their families. The FYI focuses on innovative research and community education to achieve its objective. The FYI is growing rapidly, especially with increasing demand for its research output and community education offerings. Interested in a career with FYI’s team of vibrant educators, researchers and community activists? See below for ways to join the efforts of The Family and Youth Institute!
This position is remote and part-time
The Family & Youth Institute is hiring an Operations Officer to join our executive team! This position is virtual, but preference will be given to those in Metro Detroit.
Our mission at The Family and Youth Institute (The FYI) is to strengthen and empower individuals, families, and communities through research and education efforts that promote: positive youth development, healthy marriages, effective parenting, and mental health and well being.
We are a vibrant team of individuals who bond over our love of research, our care for Muslim youth and families, and our desire to make a difference in the lives of those around us. If this sounds like you, come join our team! We’re looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and passionate troubleshooter to join our team to help the organization run smoothly and efficiently.
Management & Organization
- Improve administrative and operational services within The FYI’s executive team
- Develop and streamline policies and procedures and communicate these with the rest of the team
- Develop and maintain a knowledge management system that ensures maximum sharing of information and learning throughout the organization
- Coordinate HR processes
- Build team connectedness
- Assist with accounting entries and bookkeeping
- Work with accountants on tax filings
- Complete annual state registrations
- Someone who is highly organized and able to wear multiple hats in a fast-moving environment (mostly virtual); a driving force towards clarity and solutions. Preference for experience with previous organizational and management software.
- Someone with previous experience with finance management, accounting, and bookkeeping
- Someone with a successful track record in setting priorities, shaping processes, guiding investment in people and systems, and developing an infrastructure that creates a stronger and more efficient organization
- Someone who is a consummate team player with a flexible and creative approach
- Someone with excellent communication and coalition-building skills with an ability to balance, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- This position is virtual & part-time, 20 hours/week
- Flexible hours, some travel required
Interested? Send us a resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will be considered open until filled and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Have other questions regarding The Family and Youth Institute? Contact us today!