The Family and Youth Institute (The FYI) is a 501(c)3 not for profit research and education institute dedicated to strengthening young people and their families. The FYI focuses on innovative research and community education to achieve its objective. The FYI is growing rapidly, especially with increasing demand for its research output and community education offerings. Interested in a career with FYI’s team of vibrant educators, researchers and community activists? See below for ways to join the efforts of The Family and Youth Institute!
The FYI is seeking a highly motivated Marketing Specialist who will enhance our brand and build strong online communities through our various social media and web-based platforms. The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for developing and administering our general marketing plan in addition to the various campaigns surrounding events, original publications, current resources and annual fundraisers.
The successful candidate will also be required to collect and analyze social media data to develop more effective campaigns and report back to the executive team with analysis. The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of the marketing tools that social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram offer. They will also have a comprehensive understanding of email marketing software (Mailchimp, etc.), Google Analytics, Adwords, and basic familiarity with search engine optimization through WordPress platforms.
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, creative minded, an excellent project manager, process oriented, highly collaborative and a gifted writer. S/he has demonstrated skills and experiences, either through academic work or professional experience, in social media management, collaboration, and marketing data analysis.
Additionally, the candidate should have creative experience using tools such as Canva, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or an equivalent creative suite used to create social media posts and other branding materials.
The position is part-time and allows flexibility in location within the United States.
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation
- Search engine optimization and generation of inbound traffic on social media platforms and website.
- Work closely with the Communications Manager to develop annual marketing plan for the general organization
- Work closely with the Communications Manager to develop specific marketing plans around new resource releases, fundraising events, particular campaigns (e.g. Suicide Prevention Awareness).
- Administer and manage general and specific marketing plans on respective social media platforms.
- Monitor the company’s social media accounts and offer constructive interaction with users.
- Develop reports on emerging social media trends that will be submitted to the executive team
- Develop monthly reports analyzing current social media platform data and suggested changes.
- Analyze the long-term needs of the company’s social media strategy and offer quarterly reports to the management and executive teams that outline any necessary changes to the digital marketing plan.
- Help in the fundraising strategy and effort; consistently stay-up-to-date with the FYI’s mission, as well as our new programs and resources, to educate current, previous, and prospective audiences.
- Meet tight deadlines and be flexible in adjusting proposals or concepts as needed
- Serve as a right-hand visionary partner to the Communications Manager
- Other responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in successful social media management
- Meticulous attention to detail, exemplary organizational skills, and demonstrated success in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent writing, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills
- Knowledge of the variety of American Muslim community landscapes
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to excel in independent and team-based work and to collaborate effectively with diverse constituencies
- Ability to excel as part of a geographically dispersed remote team, including reporting to a supervisor in another location
- Experience working with the American Muslim community
- Experience fundraising for a Muslim non-profit organization or equivalent a plus
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Flexible, part-time, work hours
- Virtual position within the United States.
Interested parties should submit a resume along with references to: jobs@TheFYI.org
The Family and Youth Institute is searching for creative, excited, and dedicated individuals who would like to spend the next five months in a unique digital work environment doing hands-on meaningful work that directly benefits the diverse American Muslim community. Don’t have a background in mental health? Not to worry! The FYI is looking for interns from a range of backgrounds who are willing to learn and use communications skills, business management skills, graphic design skills, as well as clinical research skills. Past interns have helped develop marketing campaigns, done hands-on, in-depth clinical research and data analysis, as well as developed deep and meaningful relationships with their team mentors. The FYI is dedicated to making this internship an important milestone in each intern’s professional development and we seek dedicated individuals to join our team!
The FYI invites exceptional individuals from diverse educational backgrounds to its 2019 internship program. Interns must exhibit professionalism and attention to detail, as well as strong team-work, organizational, and communication skills. The internship positions are part-time, stipended, and virtual.
So, what’s in it for me?
One thing we promise is that you won’t be doing any stapling or copying! We have a wide variety of projects and a dedicated team of professionals to mentor you along the way. Our projects range from working directly on a research team to helping design our next video or infographic, from researching best-practices for nonprofit marketing campaigns, to translating research into a bulletin that will go directly into the hands of your very own community! The work you do with The FYI will be meaningful and useful and we invite you to apply today!
Don’t take our word for it, hear from past interns!
“I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to intern with the FYI. It was a valuable, well-rounded, and overall, a rewarding experience. I enjoyed working on multiple projects from organization planning to web design because it allowed to me to advance skills I already had, gain new skills, and develop new interests. The skills I learned and experiences I gained were invaluable to my professional career development.”
“I honestly love everything about it, from being able to research a topic I am passionate about, to [mentor’s] guidance and supervision, as well as being able to meet other team members during the Google Hangouts [meetings]. It’s been a very beneficial experience.”
“This internship is more than what I was expecting– as a virtual internship, I think it still allowed me to engage with other members, who were all so interactive, kind, and welcoming.”
- July 15 – December 15, 2019
- 10-15 hrs/week
- Flexible hours, virtual location
- Weekly meeting with project supervisor
- Monthly team meetings
How do I apply?
Applicants should submit a CV/resume along with a cover letter with the following information included:
- University/College attending/attended
- Overall and Major GPA
- Expected graduation date
- Email address
- Phone number
- What do you want to gain from the internship?
- How did you hear about this internship program?
Strong candidates will be invited for an interview with project supervisors who will determine their eligibility to participate in the program. Interested parties should identify the area they are interested in (research translation, business, marketing, graphic design, grant writing, fund development) and submit a resume along with references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will close on May 30th, 2019.
Have other questions regarding The Family and Youth Institute? Contact us today!