The Family and Youth Institute (The FYI) is a 501(c)3 not for profit research and education institute dedicated to strengthening young people and their families. The FYI focuses on innovative research and community education to achieve its objective. The FYI is growing rapidly, especially with increasing demand for its research output and community education offerings. Interested in a career with FYI’s team of vibrant educators, researchers, and community activists? See below for ways to join the efforts of The Family and Youth Institute! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions, concerns, and to send resumes.
The Family and Youth Institute (The FYI) is seeking a highly motivated Full Time Marketing Communications Manager. This individual will be responsible for developing, managing, and executing our overall marketing strategy. The Marketing Communications Manager will lead a team to enhance organizational branding and build a strong online presence through various social media and web-based platforms.
The successful candidate will be creative, a strategic thinker, and an excellent project manager. S/he is able to communicate ideas effectively (visually & written) to segmented audiences, create and manage impactful marketing campaigns, and analyze social media data to develop more effective campaigns. The candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of social media marketing tools and platforms, email marketing and marketing analytics. They will also have a basic familiarity with search engine optimization and wordpress. The ideal candidate is process-oriented, highly collaborative and has demonstrated prior skills and experiences.
This is a full-time position, allowing for geographic flexibility anywhere in the United States.
- • Develop and execute brand awareness and online reputation.
- • Work closely with an interdisciplinary team to ensure clear messaging and branding across the organization.
- • Develop specific marketing strategies around new resource releases, fundraising events, and campaigns
- • Manage the creation of compelling visual communication materials (e.g. event materials, training resources, videos, infographics, reports, website, etc.) for various audiences and distribution channels.
- • Create written content to promote brand and create consistent messaging across all website landing pages.
- • Produce effective and compelling copy/content (emails, social media, website, monthly newsletter and print); Edit and review content for messaging, style guidelines, brand consistency, and voice; Continually optimize content to improve SEO results.
- • Manage email lists and appropriately segment audiences for various communications.
- • Administer and manage general and specific marketing strategies on social media platforms. Monitor the company’s social media accounts and offer constructive interaction with users.
- • Conduct marketing and audience research, stay abreast of latest trends, and identify new opportunities for growth and development; Compile and analyze data to evaluate marketing key performance indicators (KPIs) across various channels. Track and report statistical data about various resources and campaigns
- • Research effective strategies to generate inbound traffic on social media platforms and website
- • Provide regular analytics reports for campaigns across various platforms.
- • Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications, English, or related field and practical experience in marketing, communications, and graphic design.
- • 3+ years professional experience in marketing communications, or related fields.
- • 2+ years project management experience. Meticulous attention to detail, exemplary organizational skills, and demonstrated success in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- • Excellent writing, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills
- • Knowledge of the American Muslim community landscape and experience working with American Muslim communities
- • Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to excel in independent and team-based work and to collaborate effectively with diverse constituencies
- • Ability to excel as part of a geographically dispersed remote team, including reporting to a supervisor in another location
- • Experienced in the use of Adobe In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, social media management systems, email marketing systems (i.e. Mailchimp), content management systems (i.e. WordPress), CRM systems (i.e. Neon) and Microsoft Office products.
- • Salary $60,000
- • Full-time, flexible hours, paid PTO & sick leave, health insurance allowance
- • Virtual position within the United States
Interested parties should submit a resume, cover letter, portfolio of past work and references to email@example.com.
The Family and Youth Institute (The FYI) is seeking a highly motivated Part-Time Project Manager for the iBelong Project. The iBelong project is a three-year national research project (2021-2023) aiming to explore and increase adolescent belonging in the masjid.
As the iBelong project enters its second year, we are seeking a creative and resourceful Project Manager to join our team. This individual will be responsible for providing overall coordination of the iBelong project, monitoring and managing the project budget, and developing and maintaining consistent relationships with community partners.
More details about the iBelong project can be found at www.thefyi.org/ibelong
This is a one-year remote, part-time (10 hrs/week) position.
- • Developing a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- • Developing materials and tools necessary to document process of the project
- • Measuring project performance to identify areas for improvement
- • Tracking project costs in order to meet project budget
- • Identifying appropriate grants for the iBelong project and working with grant writer to apply to appropriate grants
- • Communicating with internal iBelong team, as well external FYI executive team, including:
- • Working with The FYI’s Development and Outreach Officer to ensure donor relationships are growing and maintained, as well as obtain local sources of funding for each community, as needed
- • Work with The FYI’s Community Outreach Specialist to organize and execute two-day weekend workshops with five communities across the country
- • Answering questions or concerns regarding the iBelong project from each community through the Contact Person of each community
- • Preparing and disseminating Bi-Annual project updates to donors, community partners, stakeholders, and thought leaders
- • Bachelor’s degree or higher
- • 2+ years project management experience with proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- • Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- • Knowledge of the American Muslim community landscape and experience working with American Muslim adolescents preferred
- • Excellent analytical skills, proven ability to solve problems creatively
- • Strong interpersonal skills
- • Working with remote teams is preferred.
- • $25 – 30/hr dependent on education and experience
- • Flexible hours and ability to work anywhere in the United States.
Interested parties should submit a resume, cover letter, and two references who can speak to their project management experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The FYI is seeking a highly motivated Grant Manager to manage overall grants through their lifecycle and ensure proper due diligence. Successful candidates will have experience working effectively across multiple teams of technical experts, be able to work with program officers of foundations, and a strong donor relations orientation. More information about The FYI is found at www.TheFYI.org.
Responsibilities and Duties
- • Planning and implementing The FYI grant programs
- • Preparing budgets, monitoring expenditure, analyzing financial data
- • Ensuring compliance with grant regulations
- • Supervising grant staff, tracking results, preparing progress and financial reports to funders
- • Optimizing the grant administration process
- • Develop and maintain positive relationships with foundations and other stakeholders.
- • Coordinating and engaging with grant writer
- • Managing timelines and deliverables
Qualifications and Skills
- • Methodical and strategic thinking.
- • Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- • Project management skills.
- • Excellent organizational skills.
- • Budgeting and accounting experience.
- • Computer literacy.
- • Knowledge of auditing policies.
- • Knowledge of donor agencies.
- • Good interpersonal skills
- • Excellent knowledge of proposal submission and grant process
- • Ability to study and understand programs and funding requirements of the organization
- • Strong research skills and knowledge of information sources
Background and Experience
- • Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- • Past experience with grant writing, fund development, and project management
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- The position is part-time, flexible hours (20 hours a week) with an opportunity to increase hours over time
- Virtual position
Interested parties should submit a resume, sample of past work, along with references to: jobs@TheFYI.org
The FYI is seeking a highly motivated Community Outreach Specialist to establish relationships with community leaders and organizations in order to provide relevant research and resources to benefit their community. This position works in close partnership with Executive team members. More information about The FYI is found at www.TheFYI.org.
Responsibilities and Duties
- • Identify and build relationships with community leaders across the nation, with an initial focus on Imams/khateebs/and chaplains
- • Consistently communicate with organizations and leaders to provide relevant research and resources to utilize in their community programming
Qualification and Skills
- • Ability to represent The FYI professionally and passionately
- • Impeccable interpersonal skills
- • Friendly and outgoing personality
- • Networking skills
- • Ability to lead and work within a team
- • Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- • Ability to build lasting relationships with organizations and leaders
- • Exceptional organization skills for maintaining clear, accurate and meticulous documentation and a strong work ethic
- • Excellent attention to detail
- • Good judgment and problem-solving skills
- • Proficient in word processing applications, spreadsheets, presentation software and social media management tool
Background and Experience
- • Bachelor’s degree
- • Preferred experience: Public Relations, Communications, Sales and customer relations
- • Prior experience of working with American Muslim imams, community leaders, and organizations
- • Compensation commensurate with experience
- • The position is part-time, flexible hours (20 hours a week) with an opportunity to increase hours over time
- • Virtual position
Interested parties should submit a resume along with references to: jobs@TheFYI.org