- The infographic content was compiled by Mariam Kandil, Ayan Nur and Sameera Ahmed. The infographic was designed by Sarrah AbuLughod.
- Dervic, K., Oquendo, M. A., Grunebaum, M. F., Ellis, S., Burke, A. K., & Mann, J. J. (2004). Religious affiliation and suicide attempt. American Journal of Psychiatry, 161(12), 2303-2308
- Gvion, Y., & Apter, A. (2012). Suicide and suicidal behavior. Public health reviews, 34(2), 9
- Harford, T. C., Yi, H. Y., & Grant, B. F. (2014). Associations between childhood abuse and interpersonal aggression and suicide attempt among US adults in a national study. Child abuse & neglect, 38(8), 1389-1398.
- Ineichen, B. (2008). Suicide and attempted suicide among South Asians in England: who is at risk?. Mental health in family medicine, 5(3), 135.
- Kostenuik, M., & Ratnapalan, M. (2010). Approach to adolescent suicide prevention. Canadian Family Physician, 56(8), 755–760.
- Malone, K. M., Oquendo, M. A., Haas, G. L., Ellis, S. P., Li, S., & Mann, J. J. (2000). Protective factors against suicidal acts in major depression: reasons for living. American Journal of Psychiatry, 157(7), 1084-1088.
- Rodgers, P. (2011). Understanding risk and protective factors for suicide: A primer for preventing suicide. Education Development Center, Inc., Newton, MA.
- Sharaf, A. Y., Thompson, E. A., & Walsh, E. (2009). Protective effects of self‐esteem and family support on suicide risk behaviors among at‐risk adolescents. Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Nursing, 22(3), 160-168.