- The infographic content was compiled by Mariam Kandil, Ayan Nur, and Sameera Ahmed. The infographic was designed by Sarrah AbuLughod.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2014). WISQARS™ (Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System).
- Chan, L. F., Maniam, T., & Shamsul, A. S. (2011). Suicide attempts among depressed inpatients with depressive disorder in a Malaysian sample. Crisis.
- Hicks, M. H. R., & Bhugra, D. (2003). Perceived causes of suicide attempts by UK South Asian women. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 73(4), 455-462.
- Lethbridge-Çejku, M., Rose, D., & Vickerie, J. L. (2006). Summary health statistics for the US adults; National health interview survey, 2004.
- Rezaeian, M. (2007). Age and sex suicide rates in the Eastern Mediterranean Region based on global burden of disease estimates for 2000. Eastern Mediterranean health journal, 13(4), 953-960.
- Rudd, M. D. (2008). Suicide warning signs in clinical practice. Current Psychiatry Reports, 10(1), 87-90.
- Van Bergen, D Diana et al. (2011), “I felt so hurt and lonely”: Suicidal behavior in South Asian-Surinamese, Turkish, and Moroccan women in the Netherlands. Transcultural Psychiatry 49(1):69-86.)
Learn More about the Family & Youth Institute’s Suicide Prevention Resources