Experiencing Ramadan As A Convert/Revert
For recent converts/reverts to Islam, the first few Ramadans as a Muslim can be both exciting and challenging. Here are some tips and resources to help ease your way into Ramadan:
- Feel a sense of togetherness by reading stories and reflections of other converts during this month.
- Start with these videos developed especially for converts to help you prepare mentally, physically, and spiritually.
- Learn the basics about fasting and use resources to guide you through this experience.
- Focus on these 12 Super Sunnahs.
- Trying to figure out how to explain Ramadan to your family who is not Muslim? This video shares some advice on interacting with your family during Ramadan.
- Unfortunately, sometimes converts/reverts experience emotional difficulty due to lack of family/social support. This resource highlights some struggles faced, such as isolation and loneliness.
- Overcoming these emotions is not easy; This article offers practical advice for new Muslims.
For Those Born Into Islam
NOW is the time to offer even greater support to our fellow revert/convert brothers and sisters. Include them in your community (virtual or in person):
- Call or send a message letting them know you are thinking of them.
- Do a drive-by visit to brighten their day…and yours!
- Drop off some dates or food.
- Virtually invite them to any activities you are doing online such as a halaqa or book club.